How to register a domain hosting Cambodia? This is the common question asked by the very first beginner in the fields of hosting.
- Registering a domain name – how it works?
- Think of an appropriate name you want to choose for your website.
- A domain name needs to be unique in the Internet environment. Prepare a few alternatives – just in case the selected domain name is taken by others.
- Make a research on one of the registrars’ webs.
- If your chosen domain name is not taken, you can order it instantly.
- Pay a registration fee, range averagely $10 – $35.
- Next, you will have to point the domain name to your Cambodia web hosting by changing its DNS record.
- You are now finished with the registration process.
- How does domain name registration work?
Registering a domain name is primarily like owning a small slice of internet real estate and the consumers will be expected to pay for the privilege of claiming their corner of the internet’s public space and cough up a good deal of information about themselves.
Domain registration guidelines are not set on a pre-registrar basis, but are instead determined by ICANN – Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. This governing body is essentially a global regulator of best practices for registrars, web hosting, and the users that interact with them.
According to the body’s standards, all users registering a domain name have to be prepared to furnish contact information for themselves, their business, their organization and even their employer. For those users who are looking for registering a country-specific domain name option, a good portion of the registration process will be dedicated to determining whether or not the user is a resident of that country and legally permitted to buy one of its country-specific top level domains.
And that should hammer home a secondary point to the users. While there are hundreds of available domain suffixes, many of them have specific registration demands. Failing to meet the requirements and guidelines for each type of domain during the actual registration and payment process will result in the domain name being “released” back into the pool of available domain names. The customer will have to get a top level domain for which they actually qualify, or cancel their purchase altogether.
During the signup process, it is also necessary to have information from a Hosting Cambodia, as this information will be required when filling in the MX and DNS record information during registration. The 2 records determine which hosting server’s content will be displayed when the customer navigates to the domain name as well as how email is addressed, received and sent by using that hosting package and the associated domain name. Wrong information will result in page-load failures and other errors.